We got this for our kid when he was about two or three months old and have used it fairly steadily since (he's just over seven months now). In general terms, it does a pretty good job of soothing him and, after countless kicks of varying magnitude, it seems to be holding up well. It's hardly a perfect product, however, and some things would likely have me reconsidering whether I'd buy it again.
* Music is tolerable, though quickly redundant (it didn't take my wife or me long to be able to hum along with the playlist of classical snippets).
* The 'underwater' lighting effect is pretty cool.
* Wind-down of light and sounds is gentle and well done.
* Star button is easy for baby to smack to turn on the fun.
* Crib light function is helpful.
* The remote has its own agenda and doesn't always work. When it does, it's a good thing to have. When it doesn't, it's frustrating. Partly due to what seems to be a...