My three year old son started training a year ago, on a stand alone potty.
The thing was good for when he was little, and a potty novice, but now its more trouble than its worth. We purchased this seat when he was 2 1/2 (SpongeBob, he LOVES Spongebob!)
- Its not overly expensive
- Comfortable to sit on for any ellapsed amount of time
- Has SpongeBob on it, this could be a disstraction, but it makes my son want to go more!
- Easy for a toddler to remove his/herself, and trust me this is a BIG deal to them! (with a stand alone they want to dump the contents, which never fails to leave a mess!)
- The splash gaurd is rather flimsy, so I attached a piece of velcro to the side that would touch the potty, and another to the part of the potty where the guard attaches. It is still removable, but not flimsy. Its also high enough to catch everything
- Its lightweight, easy for me or my son to carry...