My new house has gas heat and I found it really dried the place out. I was especially getting tired of the static electricity buildup due to the low humidity -- I was getting zapped basically every time I walked somewhere and touched something.
I had no idea that shopping for a humidifier would be so hard. I learned a lot by browsing and reading reviews. I decided that what I wanted was:
* "Hot" humidifier -- makes steam rather than spritzing cold water
* Quiet -- gurgling ok, noisy fan not ok.
* Something that would let me set a humidity level and would turn off the unit once that level was reached (I wanted to avoid ever coming home to a tropical jungle atmosphere)
* Easy to refill
* Easy to clean
* Germ killing UV light
* Big enough tank to run for 10+ hours without a refill
* Ships from Amazon ($15 shipping from a 3rd party seller? no thanks)
This humidifier is the only one I found that matches ALL of the...