About a year ago I read a lot of reviews of baby monitors, then bought a Sony BabyCall monitor. It has some good features, but also some that I think are big drawbacks. This is about my fifth baby monitor, so I have some experience to compare it to.
Things I like:
* When I'm in range of the baby and all is working well, the monitor is very quiet.
* The rechargeable battery works great! Even when I occasionally forget to plug it in overnight, the receiver doesn't run out of juice.
* It's nice to have 27 channels to choose from. Our monitor gets so little interference that we've only ever used the default channel. But it's good to know that we have options if we ever do need to switch.
* It hooks nicely into my pocket or belt, so I can wear it on my hip as I do other things around the house.
Things I don't like:
* It's easy to be out of range in my...